My husband and I had bought a black leather sofa after our first child but it only seated 3 people so when we moved house we picked out a nice new large modular sofa. Now that there are 6 of us in the family we needed a new sofa that could fit us all. My husband actually picked this design as he loved the wide chaise (enough for two people to snuggle up on in front of the television).
And I picked the colour! A new sofa means the need for new cushions.
While we were looking at the selection of upholstery fabrics available I convinced my husband that it would be a good idea to order a few metres of co-ordinating upholstery fabric while we had the swatches in front of us. We decided on 3 different Warwick fabrics and ordered 2 metres of each.
In the end I decided to only use two of the fabrics for cushions and made 3 in each so a total of 6 cushions. The fabric was patterned so didn’t need to be a complicated design so I just stuck to squares with a zip closure and then used some cushion inserts I found at Lindcraft.
It’s hard (and stressful!) picking a sofa colour but I’m very happy with ours. The room is big and bright so it works well with a lovely large aqua sofa and the DIY lounge cushions break it up nicely and help tie all the elements together.